Study in New Zealand from India
New Zealand has seen a massive surge in international students. Though there was nothing special about New Zealand earlier, of late, students have started identifying New Zealand to be a great country and its education system to be highly rewarding. There are over a lakh of international students in New Zealand, and the country enjoys a good reputation in terms of the student satisfaction rate. Before moving there, you need to know many things about the country, and you can read further to know better.
Why Study in New Zealand?
- New Zealand provides better quality education, which is the first thing that makes it worth shifting to the country. Each academic year has 2 or 3 semesters depending on the course. There are two intakes throughout the year; in January and July.
- New Zealand has a wide range of universities namely The University of Auckland,University of Otago, University of Canterbury etc., are a few popular ones.
- ITPs are Institutes of Technology and Polytechniques which provide foundational, undergraduate and postgraduate courses. There are more than 16 ITPs in New Zealand which are helpful for students .
- In New Zealand, there are l three types of educational institutions, universities, Wanangas and ITPs. Wanangas are educational institutes exclusively for those interested in learning the traditional values of the Maori cultures of New Zealand.
- The class strength in universities is low in New Zealand that establishes the minimum care each student expects.
- It is a fabulous location to live in. It has a mix of everything; mountains, fields, volcanoes, islands etc.
- All international students studying in New Zealand for at least two years can get a work permit for a year. Also, students can work for 20 hours per week part-time during their semester.
- The education costs in New Zealand is roughly 10% lesser than in Australia. There are a variety of subjects and courses to choose from. There are over 400 universities that provide Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral degrees.
- New Zealand has warm & welcoming people.You will never feel left alone.
- New Zealand offers several scholarships, fellowships, awards, and other financial aids to its students.
Best Course to Study in New Zealand
It is one of the preferred courses by International students there. Some of the Universities
that provide this Engineering degree are ' The Wellington Institute of Technolog', 'Otago
Polytechnic' and Waikato Institute of Technology, NorthTec etc
Electrical Engineering: Waikato Institute of Technology, Western Institute of Technology at Taranaki are few
Universities that provide you this degree.
Bachelor's and Master's degree in Marketing
These degrees are in demand in New Zealand. Southern Institute of Technology and Crown
Institute of studies are some if the universities for pursuing these degrees.
Finance degree: This course is expensive but in much demand and can ensure a well paid job.
Bachelor's and Master's Program in Nursing: These are one of the most chosen courses in New Zealand. These courses are not very expensive and one can afford.
Computer Science & IT: The career prospectus of both these Courses are the best in New Zealand . Ara Institute of Canterbury and Avonmore Tertiary Institute provide these at Nominal rates.
You can choose to do either a BA or an MA in Media Studies from New Zealand. It is one of the emerging careers, and you will surely be benefitted from it.
TOP Universities in New Zealand
University of Auckland: This is one of the reputed Universities in New Zealand.Engineering and MBA are the most famous courses there.
University of Otago: This university provides number of Undergraduate courses. It also provides PhD programs in streams like Economics, Business and Finance etc.
Victoria University of Wellington: This university has more than 1000 faculty members providing Undergraduate and
University of Canterbury: The university has few colleges under it. They are College of Arts, Engineering, Science,
Education, Health and Human Development.
Massey University: With three campuses in Auckland, Palmerston North, and Wellington, Massey University is known for its research-driven teaching and training. It is better known for its Postgraduate courses.
University of Waikato: This university offers vide range of courses in subjects like Psychology ,Data Analytics.
Lincoln University: The university offers diplomas Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral degrees in Engineering, Commerce, Horticulture and Agriculture Courses.
Auckland University of Technology: This university caters for more than 250 streams lije Arts, Architecture, Education, Business and Design etc.
Eastern Institute of Technology: It is a government run institution which offers more than 130 Streams. Business, Fashion, Art & Design and Music are the more popular courses.
Cost of Studying in New Zealand for Indian Students
Public Universities in New Zealand are slightly cheaper than Private Universities.The average tuition fees in New Zealand can be around NZ$ 20,000. However, private universities like the University of Auckland, Auckland University of Technology etc., are more affordable. Their Bachelor’s tuition fees start at NZ$ 1468 - NZ$ 6622
|Amount in NZ$
|Amount in INR
|NZ$ 20,000 - NZ$ 25,000
|INR 9,87,390 - INR 12,24,238
|NZ$ 20,000 - NZ$ 30,000
|INR 9,87,390 - INR 14,81,085
|NZ$ 6500 - NZ$ 9000
|INR 32,901 - NZ$ 4,44,325
|NZ$ 30,000 - NZ$ 50,000
|INR 14,81,085 - INR 24,68,476
Cost of Living in New Zealand
It is a good idea for you to do your part in researching a bit about the country before you finalise on your shifting. Reading through this will help you understand the expenses you may face in your life in New Zealand. If you live in cities like Auckland, Queensland, Wellington etc., you highly require an all-inclusive financial plan covering your food and accommodation, transportation etc.
KIND OF EXPENSES
|Type of Expense
|Amount in NZ$
|NZ$ 800 - NZ$ 1000
|NZ$ 100 - NZ$ 120
|NZ$ 40 - NZ$ 100
|NZ$ 40 - NZ$ 50
What are the Eligibility Conditions to Study in New Zealand
Bachelor’s Program: For admission in this program you need to have a good academic record in your plus two. You also require an English Proficiency Test score.
Master’s Program: You should have a minimum of 50-60% in your Bachelor’s. You may also need to furnish other certificates to prove your merit according to course selected by you. In addition,IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, or GMAT scores are considered
Doctoral Programs:In order to do a Doctoral program in New Zealand, you will require a relatively good grade in your Master’s in a related field. Some universities also ask for an experience certificate of 1-2 years. If your stream is Business Studies, you may also need to take GRE or GMAT tests. The IELTS or TOEFL scores are also required.
Which exams are required for Studying in New Zealand
IELTS: IELTS score of at least 6.0 is required.The score nay vary according to the course you apply for. Postgraduate Diploma and Master’s ask for a score of 6.5 and the other courses require at least 6.0.University of Auckland, University of Otago, Unitec Institute of Technology, Canterbury University and Lincln University do not ask for an IELTS score provided you clear their entrance test.
TOEFL: TOEFL score of at least 60 is required to get into a university in New Zealand. However, this depends on the university and the course you apply for.
PTE: The minimum score of 58 is required to apply for a student visa, which may vary according to the course and university. The validity of the PTE test score is two years.
Student Visa for New Zealand
In order to study in New Zealand,If the course is more than three months long, you need to take a student visa.The New Zealand High Commission takes about 63 calendar days to process everything.Following documents are required to apply for a Student Visa in New Zealand