If you want to study abroad, Singapore would be your best bet. There is no exaggeration in saying that international studies in Singapore provide some of the best opportunities in the world because the top priority of the citizens and the ministry of education of the country is education. Read along to know more.
Singapore Universities accept applications from December to March.
Three steps of applying for Singapore
Step 1: Planning
Conduct thorough research on which university you want to study and the course you would like to get into.
Step 2: Apply for Colleges
- Apply for the most preferred universities of international studies.
- Acceptance in universities would be done based on the academic excellence of a student.
- After getting approval from your desired university, you got to apply for the visa, which in this case, is commonly called a student's pass.
Step 3: Apply for Student's Pass (Study Visa)
The student's pass would permit you to stay in Singapore for the duration of your course.
What are the Eligibility Requirements to Study in Singapore?
The eligibility criteria for Singapore Student visa depend on the specific Universities and Courses.
However, here are some basic guidelines to keep in mind while evaluating the eligibility of an applicant:
- The English language Test is a must to get into Singapore. To check this skill, one has to procure their TOEFL or IELTS certificate at the ICA.
- A student has to have a student pass to get into any university in Singapore and cannot begin a course with a visit visa.
- Students and universities are required to submit the documents via the SOLAR pathway to the immigration authorities.
- The successful applicants would receive a letter, called, ‘In Principal Approval’, issued by ICA (Immigration and Checkpoints Authority of Singapore) directly by their universities.
- This letter would contain a visa to enter Singapore.
Documents required for a Singapore Study Visa.
Here’s a list of documents required for a Singapore Study Visa:
- Valid Passport
- ID Card
- Photographs (Passport-size)
- Medical Certificate
- Approval Letter from the Indian Government
- Birth Certificate
- Academic Certificates
- Proof of Funds
How Much Does it Cost to Study in Singapore?
The tuition fee amount for international studies in Singapore depends upon the university and the course you have chosen.
The average tuition fee estimate for masters is SGD 35000.
The food cost estimate is SGD 200 to 450
Accommodation estimate SGD 200 to 1500
Transport can cost SGD 40 to 100
Top 10 Universities in Singapore
||Name of the University
||National University of Singapore - the the oldest higher education provider in Singapore.
||Nanyang Technological University - it is a prestigious public-funded university in Singapore.
||Singapore University of Technology & Design
||Singapore Management University
||Singapore University of Social Sciences
||LASALLE College of Arts
||Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts
||National Institute of Education
||S.Rajaratnam School of International Studies
||Singapore Institute of Technology